Step By Step: How To Make A US iTunes Account
You are probably not set up yet with a US Apple iTunes account so follow the steps below to get the ball rolling & redeem your US iTunes Gift Card Codes!
1. Start Apple iTunes on your Mac or PC.
2. Select the iTunes store menu item.
3. Log out of your current iTunes Store if logged in.
4. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and select Change Country from the iTunes Settings. There will be a little Australian flag that you click on and change to United States.
5. Click on App Store and download any free app available
6. Once you select a free app Click the Get button
7. The iTunes Log in Box will appear. Click Create New Apple ID
8. Click Continue
9. Click the Checkbox and then click Agree
10. Set up the account with an email address that has not been registered with any other Apple iTunes account. Make sure the email address ends in ".com", NOT ".com.au" (or similar)
11. Pick a password for your new account, select and answer the security questions, & select any date of birth
12. Make sure the Payment type selected is “None”. Do NOT enter your Credit Card details. Instead enter a valid US iTunes Card Code.
13. Enter any valid US address and any ten digits for a phone number.
Video: How To Make A US iTunes Store Account
Transcript: How To Make A US iTunes Account
So let's start off by clicking on the iTunes window and clicking on the iTunes Store over here. And at this point, make sure you are logged out of any existing Apple or iTunes log in. Now we want to find the US iTunes store and we're going to do that by scrolling down to the bottom of the screen, clicking on the Australian flag in the bottom right hand corner here and looking for the US flag. United States, click on that.And here we are at the US iTunes Store. Now, to create an account, you are going to click on App Store and download any free app on here. So we can just pick this one...Litely, and click on the Free Download button. It prompts you to enter in your iTunes ID, but you're just going to click on Create Apple ID instead. Continue. Agree. And you want to make sure you enter in an email address which is not yet associated with any existing Apple ID or iTunes store. So if you need to open a new email, that's fine, or start a new email. Enter it in here. Pick a password. Answer some security questions.And select a date of birth. It doesn't need to be your date of birth. Any date of birth will do. You'll see that the payment type comes up as none, so that will automatically be selected for you. Now you just have to enter in a valid US iTunes gift card code or gift certificate. Enter in your name. And in this section, you are going to enter in any valid US address in one of the following states: Alaska, Montana, Oregon, New Hampshire or Delaware. This will work with any state, but these states have no sales tax. So make sure you use one of those. So I'm just going to put in 123 Main Street; Anchorage, Alaska. And you can use any ten digits for the phone number. OK, it will let you know that your code has been redeemed. And then you can click on Done. And you are ready and able to use the iTunes Store now. You can acess any of the movies to download, TV shows, music...big discounts on prices. You get them before Aussie release dates as well in a lot of cases. And you're ready to go. Now if you want to reload your account, you can always purchase new iTunes gift card codes through our website, which is iTunesDirect.com.au. But it's all pretty straight forward. Enjoy and we'll talk to you soon.
My Goal With iTunesDirect
I started US iTunesDirect in 2010 to give my Aussie mates access the US Apple iTunes store and get ripper deals on Music, TV shows, Movies and Apps up to 70% below cost and up to 12 months in advance of Aussie release dates. Since then we have passed 50,000+ orders and US iTunesDirect is gaining in popularity every single week as more Aussies discover the value. Once you give the US Apple iTunes Store a go, you will never go back! Cheers
Ben, TAS, Founder & Owner