How To Access HBO Now Through A US iTunes Account
When you follow these steps you get 30 days free with HBO Now and after that it's $14.99USD per month charged to your US iTunes account.
Here is what you will need to get your HBO Now subscription set up...
→ A US DNS service (We recommend Unlocator) This is the only service that we have used that seems to be on top of the Netflix/HBO Now crackdown.
→ A regular Aussie bought Apple TV, iPhone or iPad (The screenshots shown and setup here are from an Apple TV but iPhone and iPad works perfectly too) → A US iTunes account (if you havnt set one up check out our instructions on this first)
Here are the instructions with screenshots to set up your HBO Now subscription
1. Make sure your Apple TV has the latest updates installed. See images below
2. Select the HBO Now app and select "Start your free trial" (if necessary log into your iTunes account)
3. Enter an email address (generally the same as your iTunes account), click 'Submit' and agree to terms and conditions.
4. Select Subscribe and OK once subscription is confirmed.
5. You now have a HBO Now account. Select a TV show or movie and watch!
Of note is the fact that some DNS providers like StrongDNS did not support HBO Now when we tried to set up the account. We switched to UnblockUS and it works fine and dandy.
Also HBO Now will work on your iPhone or iPad after even if you have setup via Apple TV and vice versa. You just need to enter name and US zip code ( any US zip code will do) as well as setting a HBO Now password.